Ozaukee Washington Land Trust (OWLT) is seeking passionate individuals to assist with the stewardship, maintenance, and restoration of OWLT Preserves. Utilizing sustainable management techniques and strong initiative, Land Stewards can look forward to getting their hands dirty preserving beautiful forests, prairies, wetlands, and other natural areas within Ozaukee and Washington Counties.OWLT is a non‐profit environmental organization whose mission is to preserve the water resources, natural areas, and working lands of Ozaukee and Washington Counties.
OWLT owns and actively manages over 32 nature preserves in Ozaukee and Washington counties. Based primarily in the field, Land Stewards will work closely with OWLT staff and volunteers to control invasive species, plant native trees/shrubs, conduct prescribed fire, and maintain and improve trails, infrastructure, and access points.
The Land Steward positions offer the opportunity to work closely with some of the best conservation professionals in Wisconsin. Many past Land Stewards have launched careers in conservation, including three of our full‐time team members. Ozaukee Washington Land Trust believes all people should have access to the outdoors, a sustainable future, and the opportunity to become a steward of Mother Nature.
Ozaukee Washington Land Trust leadership and staff is committed to honoring diverse experiences, perspectives, and unique identities while fostering work environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming. The Land Trust does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or disability in any of its policies or programs.
- Classification: Seasonal full‐time positions (On average 35+ hrs/week), benefits include 3% Simple IRAemployer contribution.
- Supervisor: Stewardship Coordinators, Ozaukee Washington Land Trust
- Supervises: Supervision of volunteers (all ages) is required
- Duration: Begins in April and runs through October but start/end dates can be flexible
- Compensation: $14.00 ‐ $16.00/hour
- Positions: 3 Land Stewards, 95% field, 5% office
- Work Week: Weather dependent Monday – Friday, some weekend days required with flexibility
- To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references with current contact information to:
- Ozaukee Washington Land Trust, c/o Stewardship Coordinator, P.O. Box 917, West Bend, WI 53095
Positions open until March 31, 2021.
Land Trust staff will evaluate applications as they are received.